1. President Obama’s speech in Selma, marking the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday.
2. Brene Brown’s Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto. We were given this at our foster parent training and I look at it every morning now: Above all else I want you to know that you are loved and lovable. You will learn this from my words and actions- the lessons on love are in how I treat you and how I treat myself. You can download it for free here.
3. Hausfrau, by Jill Alexander Essbaum. I had the privilege of reading an early copy of this powerful, poetic portrait of a woman’s soul, in all its lightness and shadow. The first line is: Anna was a good wife, mostly. This book is going to be a sensation. You can and should pre-order. Or go out and buy it at your local indie bookstore on March 17.
4. Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter and Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies. From Monique at Ambitious Kitchen. You’re welcome.
5. Screw it, I’m in Austin and the weather is gorgeous. I’m outtahere! The first four are really good, though.